This app is great for an early release, but it can be a little confusing to get started and I couldn't find any instructions. Here is what you can do to get started.
- Install the Layar app on your phone
- Start up Layar, go to the Featured tab and hit Tweetmondo
- The Filter Settings dialog opens, you can probably just hit Apply
- Your gps icon will show in the notifications bar and you should see the output from your phone camera with a grid overlay and hopefully some bird icons representing tweeters
- Tap one of the tweeter bird icons then tap again on the info bar that appears at the bottom of the screen
- Select Privacy then you will be redirected to register your phone with Tweetmondo. Enter your Twitter credentials
- Now whenever the Tweetmondo layer is open on your phone your location is updated with Tweetmondo servers. By default this is not too fine-grained, for example my location shows up as something like Scarborough, Perth
- Now you can use your regular everyday Twitter app (I use Twidroid) to tweet and it will show up on Layar at your location.
I think this is really cool for the extra level of engagement it offers to tweeters, but I'm sure just like Twitter itself this will not be everyone's cup of tea.