Monday, October 26, 2009

Losing Your Life in Half Hour Blocks

When I got home from work this afternoon I didn’t turn the television on for my daily blast of high intensity advertising. Instead I’ve just spent half an hour eating dinner with my wife before she went out for the evening, then an hour in the hammock with my laptop reading my favourite blogs, then half an hour doing some soldering on one of my projects.

I perceived time as moving quite quickly during my evening and felt that it must be getting late, but when I checked the time it was only 7:30. If I’d sat down to watch TV my evening would have gone in a flash and I’d still be feeling not quite relaxed with work on my mind.

A regular TV free evening might be a really good thing…

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments:

Post a Comment